What is Contract Hire?
Contract Hire, also known as leasing is often described as a long term rental. Divided into two main derivatives either Personal Contract Hire (PCH) and Business Contract Hire (BCH). Both are a form of finance requiring credit application and approval by all of our finance partners. Contract hire is the agreed or contracted use of a vehicle for a determined period typically 2 - 4 years for an agreed annual mileage.
Business Contract Hire
Contract hire is essentially a business lease a long-term vehicle rental agreement between a business and finance company suitable for any trading business, including sole trader, LLP, Ltd and PLC.
Contract hire is a simple and easy way to have a company car or run a business fleet without the worry of depreciation or replacement in the future. The vehicle(s) is owned by the lease company for the duration of your contract and you're responsible for a monthly payment which essentially covers the depreciation of the vehicle over the term of your contract.
Personal Contract Hire
PCH for individuals also referred to across our website as a personal lease is a long term rental for individuals not considered sole traders. Personal contract hire has seen a boom in recent years with more and more households considering deals with All Car Leasing for their next car. Prices for PCH offers on our website are inclusive of VAT, mimicking business contract hires in every other aspect.
How does contract hire work?
Our finance plans are tailored to ensure you get the right contract for you. If you see a deal on our site but you need more miles or you don't want to commit yourself for as long as the deal specifies, all of this can be altered to suit your needs.
The lengths of our contracts vary, giving you the ultimate freedom. You have the choice of 24, 36 or 48 months and you also get to choose your initial payment* and your annual mileage limits.
*Initial payments are usually 3, 6 or 12 monthly instalments.
Now you know the essentials, you've seen a deal you like and decided on the perfect contract terms, you'll see that our process is simpler than ever:
- Give us a call on 01565 880 880. Here you'll be able to speak to one of our account managers, or, if you'd rather handle things via email, feel free to place an enquiry online.
- One of our friendly team will get on the case to find you the best finance plan, then they'll email them over for you to view at your leisure
- If you like the look of our quote and would like to proceed, we'll send all the essential documents to you. These should be signed and sent back as soon as possible.
- Once the documents have been signed off, you may need to go through a cooling off period which gives you the chance to cancel your order
- After this period, you'll take delivery of your car (straightaway if it's in stock or on the agreed date if you've opted for a factory order)2
- All that's left to do now, is take it out for a spin!
1 Please note all of our quotes are valid for five days from the time of production. Any quote agreed to after this period is subject to change.
2 Exact delivery dates cannot be agreed at the time of order customers will be provided with lead time and estimate delivery time frame.
Benefits of contract hire
There are a huge number of benefits to leasing a car in general, but for a business, there are undoubtedly more.
- Brand new car which can be built to your exacting needs
- Road tax included for the duration of your contract
- Better cash flow management as you're only paying the depreciation price in a set monthly payment, the costs are much lower compared to finance repayments or buying a car outright. A one-off monthly payment also makes budgeting much easier too
- VAT benefits if you have a VAT registered business you'll be able to claim 50% of the VAT on your contract hire payments. As well as this, you can also claim 100% of the VAT on any maintenance payments
- Option to add on additional services including maintenance and insurance
If you think contract hire could make sense for your business, check out our special business offers or give us a call today on 01565 880 880.