Retail Price £43,375
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Estate 2.2 D 210 Speciale 5dr Auto Information
Front Heated Seats
19" Alloy Wheels
Customise your deal
- An initial rental of £3,439.89 ex VAT for Business or £4,127.87 inc VAT for Personal followed by
- 47 monthly payments of £382.21 ex VAT for Business or £458.65 inc VAT for Personal.
- You have chosen not to have maintenance which means the cost of servicing and replenishing consumables such as oil and tyres is the responsibility of the applicant.
If you have any questions please get in touch otherwise feel free to get a written quotation.
Processing fee of £199.99 ex VAT will apply
EXTERIOR BODY FEATURES
PAINT - METALLIC
PAINT - SOLID
PAINT - SPECIAL
TRIM - LEATHER
WHEELS - ALLOY
- Automatic rain sensing wipers
- Heated washer nozzles
- Rear privacy glass
- Black brembo brake calipers
- Electronic parking brake
- Electronic stability control
- Hill descent control
- Integrated brake system
- Traction control
- Front/rear floor mats
- Apple car play/Android Auto
- Alfa Romeo DNA controller
- Cruise control
- Forward collision warning
- Front parking sensor
- Lane departure warning system
- Rear parking sensor
- Power tailgate
- Remote boot release
- Stop/start system
- 7" TFT instrument cluster
- Connect 8.8" colour display infotainment system, radio/nav, 3D maps with rotary pad, MP3, aux-in and bluetooth connection
- Trip computer
- Automatic dimming interior mirror
- Electric folding door mirrors
- Aluminium dash trim
- Diesel particulate filter
- 2 USB Power socket for rear seat
- 2x USB sockets in front
- Audio system with 8 speakers
- DAB Digital radio
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Aluminium tunnel cover and front door moulding
- Chrome door scuff plates
- Chrome window surround
- Solid paint
- Twin chrome exhaust tailpipes
- Automatic headlights
- Bi-Xenon headlights
- Front fog lights
- Halogen headlights
- LED brake lights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED front fog lights
- LED tail lights
- Dual zone automatic air conditioning
- Humidity sensor
- Rear air vents
- 12V socket
- Aluminium kick plate
- Aluminium sports pedal and footrest
- Heated steering wheel
- Leather sports steering wheel
- Leather upholstery
- Start button on steering wheel
- Steering wheel gearshift paddles
- 3x3 point rear seatbelts
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- 6 way manually adjustable drivers seat
- 6 way manually adjustable passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Rear headrests
- Perimeter alarm
- 19" 10 spoke alloy wheels
- Tyre inflation kit
- CO2: 149
- HC: 33D
- NOx: 0.061
- Particles: 0.0002
- Standard Euro Emissions: EURO 6
- Bore: 83
- Catalytic Convertor: True
- CC: 2143
- Compression Ratio: 15.5:1
- Cylinder Layout: IN-LINE
- Cylinders: 4
- Fuel Type: COMMON RAIL
- Gears: 8 SPEED
- Number of Valves: 16
- Stroke: 99
- Valve gear: DOHC
- EC: True
- EC Combined: 49.5
- EC Extra Urban: 54.3
- EC Urban: 43.2
- Any aspect of the vehicles safety cause concern?: Data Not Available
- Based On ID: N
- Coin Description: D 210
- Coin Series: Speciale
- Man Corrosion Perforation Guarantee - Years: 8
- Manufacturers Paintwork Guarantee - Years: 3
- NCAP Adult Occupant Protection %: 60
- NCAP Child Occupant Protection %: 5
- NCAP Overall Rating - Effective February 09: 210
- NCAP Pedestrian Protection %: 2.2
- NCAP Safety Assist %: M1
- Service Interval Frequency - Months: 97
- Special Edition: Data Not Available
- Special Order: Data Not Available
- Standard manufacturers warranty - Mileage: 999999
- Standard manufacturers warranty - Years: 3
- Timing Belt Interval Frequency - Months: 71
- Timing Belt Interval Mileage: 84
- 0 to 60: Data Not Available
- 0 to 62: 6.6
- BHP: 210
- Engine Power KW: 154
- Engine Power RPM: 3500
- Engine Torque LBS.FT: 347
- Engine Torque MKG: 48
- Engine Torque NM: 470
- Engine Torque RPM: 1750
- PS: True
- Top Speed: 134
- Alloys?: True
- Space Saver?: Data Not Available
- Tyre Size Spare: TYRE REPAIR KIT
- Wheel Style: 10 SPOKE
- Wheel Type: 19" ALLOY
- Height: 1671
- Height (including roof rails): N
- Length: 4687
- Turning Circle - Kerb to Kerb: 11.7
- Wheelbase: 2818
- Width (excluding mirrors): 1903
- Width (including mirrors): N
- Boot Capacity Saloons: 525
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres): 58
- Luggage Capacity (Seats Up): 1600
- Max. Roof Load: 75
- Max. Towing Weight - Braked: 2300
- Max. Towing Weight - Unbraked: 750
- Minimum Kerbweight: 1745
- No. of Seats: 5
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Estate WHY YOU SHOULDN'T PASS ON THE STELVIO
Alfa Romeo enters the SUV segment with this Stelvio model. Should you want one? Jonathan Crouch decides.
Ten Second Review
This Stelvio model is, according to its maker, very much an Alfa Romeo first and an SUV second. That sounds promising, as does the fact that most of the engineering here is shared with the brand's well-regarded Giulia saloon. The result should be a premium mid-sized SUV well able to mix it with class favourites.
Will any brand be able to resist the allure of the growing SUV market? It doesn't appear so. We live in a time when even Bentley and Rolls Royce feel the need to produce such a thing, so it is perhaps surprising that it's taken Alfa Romeo quite so long to join this lucrative band wagon. Still, join it they have with this car, the Stelvio, named after the famous European mountain pass. It's the car that the Milanese marque hopes will give it an important foothold in the profitable segment for premium mid-sized SUVs currently dominated by cars like BMW's X3, Jaguar's F-PACE, Audi's Q5, Volvo's XC60 and the Mercedes GLC.
The Stelvio serves up plenty of Alfa character, thanks to a soundtrack that Chef Engineer Roberto Fedeli says was created working in concert with musicians, who helped perfect this SUV's addictive engine note. Buyers can choose between three mainstream engine versions - a 2.0-litre 280hp petrol Q4 AWD model and a couple of 2.2-litre diesels. The base 180bhp 2.2 diesel comes with either rear wheel drive or 'Q4' four-wheel drive, while the more powerful 210bhp version of this unit comes only in 4x4 guise. The two quickest derivatives both get an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission as standard. The potent petrol model offers best in class acceleration, going from zero to 62mph in just 5.7 seconds and onto a top speed of 143mph. The 2.2-litre 210hp diesel Q4 AWD meanwhile, registers a top speed of 134mph and accelerates from zero to 62mph in 6.6 seconds. In addition, at the top of the range, there's a 2.9-litre V6 petrolengined Bi-Turbo Quadrifoglio performance model boasting 510bhp and 600Nm of torque. It's 4WD of course and gets to 62mph in just 3.8s. Even on humbler variants, thanks to perfect 50/50 weight distribution, Q4 all-wheel drive architecture, a best in class power-to-weight ratio and innovative engine and driver technologies, the Stelvio embodies everything a true Alfa Romeo should. Not only that, but this Italian contender is one of the lightest mid-size SUVs in the sector thanks to lightweight body structure and a carbon fibre driveshaft.
Design and Build
The Stelvio is styled very much the way you might expect an Alfa Romeo SUV to look and sits on the same 'Giorgio' platform used for the brand's mid-sized Giulia compact executive saloon. The brand makes much of the Stelvio's 'premium' architecture, which has made it possible to use copious amounts of aluminium and develop high-cost features like a carbonfibre propshaft. As a result of all this, this Alfa's very light by class standards, weighing in around 125kgs less than a comparable Jaguar F-PACE, itself a supposedly light SUV in this class. Inside, the cabin design is centred around the driver with the main controls grouped together on the small steering wheel. The human-machine interface consists of two simple, user-friendly knobs for adjusting the Alfa DNA selector and the infotainment system. As for practicalities, the Stelvio offers decent rear seat room and a long, usefully shaped boot, although it might have been wider had its sides not been packed with components-unknown behind carpeted trim panels. The rear seats can be semi-released from the tailgate end, but only semi-released; when you pull on the levers that do this, the backrests don't fully move forward and you have to push them into place, which is annoying. Still, once you've done than, everything folds flat into the floor.
Market and Model
Prices start at around £34,000 and range up to around £45,000. There's a choice of four trim levels - standard, 'Super', 'Speciale' and 'Milano Edizione'. Even standard variants come with a decent kit tally, including 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels, LED rear lights and a double lateral chrome exhaust pipe. Inside, the cabin focuses on driver satisfaction with dual-zone climate control, the Alfa 'D.N.A.' rotary driving mode selector and a 3.5-inch TFT colour cluster instrument panel. Infotainment is taken care of by a 'UConnect' 8.8-inch centre-dash display with DAB plus Bluetooth/AUX multimedia connectivity, an eight-speaker audio system and two front and two rear USB ports. A multi-function leather steering wheel, houses all the main controls so the driver can focus on the task at hand. If you want more, the 'Super' versions add larger 18-inch wheels and a larger 8.8-inch infotainment monitor complete with navigation, while the 'Speciale' variants get 19-inch wheels, Bi-Xenon headlamps and full-leather upholstery. As for safety, well the Stelvio has been awarded a five-star Euro NCAP rating with a score of 97 per cent for the protection of adult occupants; the highest score in its category. Credit for this goes to Alfa Romeo's segment-first Integrated Brake System, plus there's an 'Autonomous Emergency Brake with pedestrian detection' set-up, Blind Spot Monitoring, Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.
Cost of Ownership
Under the bonnet, every engine in the Alfa Stelvio range looks decently efficient and pretty clean - which will of course be crucial if it's to attract company car drivers. The 2.0-litre 280hp petrol Q4 AWD variant returns 40.4mpg on the combined cycle and emits 161g/km CO2. The 2.2-litre 210hp diesel Q4 AWD meanwhile, gives out 127g/km CO2 and returns 58.9mpg on the combined cycle The figures quoted assume selection of the 'Advanced Efficiency' 'DNA' system driving mode, which softens off the throttle response to give better fuel consumption. There's a graphic fuel consumption display in the instrument binnacle TFT read-out. And there's an 'Efficient Drive' eco-coaching set-up on the centre-dash infotainment screen that grades the frugality of your progress based on three criteria - 'acceleration', 'deceleration' and 'gear changing'. Okay, so what else do you need to know about the running costs of this Italian contender? Well, it comes with a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty that includes 'Roadside Assistance' for the same length of time, should you be unlucky enough to break down. It's not likely that you will. Despite what some might assume about Alfa Romeo, customer surveys suggest that the brand's reliability record is no worse than that of its premium German rivals.
The Stelvio represents a very decent first stab by Alfa Romeo at the premium mid-sized SUV segment. If all the brand had done was to copy its key rivals, then we might have feared for this car's prospects, because it isn't quite as polished as other contenders you can buy in this class. Fortunately though, this Alfa offers something a bit unique - and that could be enough to sway a small but significant number of buyers its way. The engine note, the styling and the look and feel of the cabin are all completely different to what you'd get from any other car in this sector - and all the better for it. If you like the thought of that and find yourself in this part of the SUV market, then we think you'll probably like this car.
- Hundreds of Special Offers to choose from.
- Over 20 years experience in the industry.
- Price match promise.
- Fast and easy finance application and decision.
- Free nationwide delivery to your door.
- Vehicle excise duty included.
- Full manufacturer warranty.
- 12 Months roadside assistance.
- Ongoing customer support.
- Unbeatable maintenance packages to keep you on the road.
- Brand new vehicles directly from the manufacturer.